Festival Guide: World Street Food Congress 2016
Philippines once again is in the Spotlight as we host the Third World Street Food Congress where 20 International Hawker convene to celebrate glorious street food all around the world from April 20 – 24, 2016.
This year, the Dialogue’s theme revolves around “THE COMFORTING FLAVOURS OF HOME”.
The keynote presenters are Thailand’s Iron Chef, Ian Kittichai of Issaya Siamese Club, which is currently part of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, Asia’s first Master Chef Winner Woo Wai Leon, Indonesia’s Culinary Ambassador William Wongso and of course KF Seetoh, founder of World street Congress which are the OGs of FOOD in ASIA.
A FEW FESTIVAL TIPS:
- Expect long lines. Better come early or do a “divide and conquer” strategy with your friends and family to checkout all other Hawker Stalls.
- Food Price Ranges from P200 and up. Think Hakwer Style of eating.
- Booth stub is stationed within the Jamboree. You will have to exchange cash into stubs. Use these stubs to pay for your food. (Yep, feels like High School all over again).
- It will be HOT and HUMID. Wear something light, make sure to stay hydrated. Better visit when the sun is out.
- Come with your friends, try out all the mouth-watering hawker fare and stay for live music at night.
- If you’ve reached the Trapeze Area, beside it you have found GOLD! The Jamboree is just beside it.
With 25 hawkers showcasing both local and international range of expertise, I’ve collaborated with Ina of INA ESTRADA and we’ve prepared our version of a Festival Map (Food Cheat Sheet) to guide you while in the Jamboree. Again, the Jamboree (Hawker Fair) is open to the public (FREE ENTRANCE). Make sure to bring out your boldness in trying out the festival dishes with Listerine!
Wednesday – 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Food Demo by Peter Lloyd
Thursday – 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Food Demo by Peter Lloyd and Malcolm Lee
Friday – 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Food Demo by William Wongso and Good Chance Popiah!
Saturday – 12:00 NN to 11:00 PM
Food Demo by Eric Dee, Chef Sau Del Rosario and Chef JP Anglo
Sunday – 12:00 to 9:00 PM
Food Demo by KF Seetoh, Chef Claude Tayag, Chef Michelle