Elevate your current staple with this Baked Butternut Squash
Breakfast is one of the most important meals in our family. Our grocery list includes stockpile of canned goods with a big demand on corned beef. Why? Basically, everyone’s breakfast favorite even if it was a post-war staple. The current star of our pile would be Delimondo, a local brand which initially started just for personal consumption. Each canned good you open provides generous amounts of top-quality meat swimming on its own juices. You can either get the old fashioned favorite or their garlic and chili flavor.
For on-the-go folks, the ingredients inside the minimalist canned good stands on its own. You can easily forgo sautéing it in garlic & onions. Just pre-heat it in a pan or even use a microwave!
To make your meals even more satisfying, we’ve come up with an easy recipe you can easily make with your corned beef. I’m sure once you do this, waking up early for breakfast would be worth it.
Yield: 2-3 servings
1 small Butternut Squash
1 can Delimondo Garlic and Chili Corned Beef
1 small Zucchini, diced
1 Tomato, seeded and diced
1 cup cooked Quinoa
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Basil
A dash of Salt and Pepper, to taste
Shredded Fresh Parmesan
Prepare the squash:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the two squash halves in a baking tray, sprinkle some salt and drops of olive oil. Cook in a hot oven. Let it bake for 30 mins until soft. Once soften, remove from the oven and scoop out the seeds to make room for the filling.
1. In a pre-heated pan, place contents of canned Delimondo corned beef. Add the Tomatoes and Zucchini and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
2. Add Quinoa, Basil and Oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Scoop into prepared squash. Top it heavily with Parmesan and Mozzarella. Return to oven until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Baked Eggs with corned Beef, quinoa and cheese
The extra filling was also used to make one of the tastiest Baked Eggs (the ramekins with eggs in the above photo).
1. Place some of the filling into a ramekin/ oven-safe container
2. Top with grated parmesan and mozzarella.
3. Drizzle a bit of cream before cracking an egg over it.
4. Baked this until desired doneness of eggs. 8-10 minutes should be safe.
Another additional recipe on top of the baked butternut squash.
Recipe Development: SolMaris